- Definition, User Consent and Updates
(a) “Authorised Companies” means TMP’s contractors, partners, advertisers, agents or third party suppliers or service providers with whom TMP enters into an agreement in connection with or for the purposes of or related to, whether directly or indirectly, the Services;
(b) “TMP”, “we”, “us” or “our” means, Tools and Machinery Parts Supplies Sdn Bhd, a limited liability company incorporated in Malaysia;
(c) “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (whether directly or indirectly) (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and includes any Sensitive Personal Data or expression of opinion about the individual as well as any data in our records updated from time to time.
- Collection of Personal Data
2.1 When you register with us, we generally collect data relating to your username and password to access our website, personal, corporate and contact information.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not, at our website, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, TMP collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding and resolving to your queries and requests;
- managing the administrative and business operations of TMP and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- facilitating business transactions where TMP or its Authorised Companies is a party;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- organising promotional events;
- legal purposes and conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- enforcement of repayment obligations (including but not limited to debt collection, filing of claims);
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations applicable to TMP ; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
3.2 TMP may from time to time contact you using the contact information (including but not limited to phone number and in-app messages) with information about our Services or those products and services offered by our Authorised Companies (including discounts and special offers) and you consent to receiving such marketing or promotional information. You have the option to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/ communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 TMP will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to TMP, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security or other services to TMP;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by TMP or its Authorised Companies;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions;
- collection and repossession agencies in relation to the enforcement of repayment obligations for debts;
- external banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
5.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites.
(a) enabling certain features and functions on our website;
(b) building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
(c) improving the efficiency of our website; and
(d) establishing usage statistics.
5.3 Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies, but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
- Security and Storage of Personal Data
6.1 TMP has implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
6.2 It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to other entities or service providers located in countries outside Malaysia. This may happen where TMP’s servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside Malaysia or where you use the Services from countries outside Malaysia. In these instances TMP will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected in accordance with this Policy.
6.3 Personal Data that TMP collects from you will be stored and backed up securely in a location which is accessible by TMP’s authorised personnel
6.4 In discharging its responsibilities with respect to the confidentiality of Personal Data, TMP will employ a number of safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect Personal Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Such safeguards will include physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures, for example locked filing cabinets, restricted access to offices, security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis and use of passwords and encryption. Procedures for implementing these measures will be communicated to TMP employees and third parties to ensure compliance with this principle.